Disclaimer: The information provided by our IoD Members in the Members Hub is for general information purposes only and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the IoD. The IoD therefore makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Members Hub.
Jersey Finance are recruiting for a Non-Executive Director to join the team.
For further information, an informal chat, or to express your interest, please contact Allannah Camsell by midday on Friday 12 March. (This date has now been extended for 2 weeks).
Find out more here: https://jsy.fi/2ZLbLQe
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society invites Members to stand for election to the Board of Directors
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society Limited is inviting applications from Members interested in standing for election to serve as a Director of the organisation.
The Society is looking for eligible Members who reflect its commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion to apply for the role.
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society’s businesses include food and non-food retail, sub-post offices, bureau de change and other money services, fuel forecourts, pharmacies and funeral services.
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society’s Chief Governance Officer and Society Secretary Chris Lintell, said: ‘The Society has much to be proud of as a value-driven business at the heart of the Channel Islands. It has a turnover of approximately £185 million, property assets of more than £130 million, employs more than 1,100 colleagues and last year returned over £8 million to Members through dividends, Member discounts, and share interest.
‘This is an exciting opportunity to influence the Society’s strategic direction, development and governance of this fascinating organisation for the benefit of our Members and the communities we serve.’
Co-op member elected directors must demonstrate:
· A deep commitment to the International Co-operative Alliances Values & Principles
· Proven strategic, financial and commercial skills
· The insight and experience to provide independent oversight to the Society’s governance
· Senior leadership experience preferably at Board level or equivalent in commercial enterprises, the public or third sector
Completed applications must be submitted by 7pm on Friday 9th April 2021 via the Society’s website. Candidates can apply via the Society’s website: channelislands.coop/director.
“Inspiring the next generation of Jersey’s sustainable finance leaders to #BuildBackBetter”.
KIT Consulting and Potting Shed, along with their generous inaugural sponsor, Rathbone Investment Management International, are delighted to announce the launch of Jersey #BuildBackBetter.
Jersey #BuildBackBetter is an educational initiative designed to upskill and inspire the island’s next generation of sustainable finance leaders. It is being launched in parallel to Jersey Finance’s sustainable finance strategy.
What is Jersey #BuildBackBetter?
Jersey #BuildBackBetter is a network of 30 next generation financial services leaders. Participants will be selected from across the Jersey financial services industry (banks, asset managers, funds, trust and corporate services providers, law firms, etc.).
Jersey #BuildBackBetter focusses on the most practical, applied and impactful ways that Jersey’s financial services industry can have positive global impact.
The network will benefit from:
- A one-year programme of education and upskilling to build and embed sustainable finance expertise into industry.
- A diverse and inclusive environment to raise questions, share views, express concerns and identify sustainable finance opportunities alongside industry peers.
- An opportunity to shape the direction of the industry and help to build a global centre of excellence for sustainable finance.
- Collaboration with Government and Jersey Finance, acting as a cross-industry think- tank to build the infrastructure and legislative environment required to support our sustainable finance ambition.
- A classroom of leading edge sustainable finance case experience provided by a specialist consulting firm (KIT Consulting), a purpose-led marketing agency (Potting Shed), and their clients and partners around the world.
- An apprenticeship in purpose-led branding and storytelling, helping our next generation of leaders communicate to the world their organisations’ purpose and the value of Jersey as a leading centre for sustainable finance.
Why Jersey #BuildBackBetter?
To be successful, the next generation of Jersey’s finance leaders will need to harness the power of the megatrends (technology, sustainability and the workplace of the future). With the right skills, experience and ambition, Jersey can deliver a world class response.
KIT Consulting are leading edge practitioners of sustainable finance, CSR, ESG, corporate purpose and shared value. We advise private and public sector clients such as the UNDP, G20 and HRH The Prince of Wales' Accounting for Sustainability Project.
Together with our partners, Potting Shed and Rathbone Investment Management International, we want to share our knowledge and experience to create the next generation of Jersey's sustainable finance leaders, helping our industry to #buildbackbetter on a global stage.
We are doing this because we believe our privileged industry has a critical role to play in providing solutions to global challenges, and that we have the right skills and experience to help develop the next generation of sustainable finance leaders.
Objectives of Jersey #BuildBackBetter:
- To contribute to the adaptation of Jersey’s financial services industry to embrace global megatrends, with a specific focus on Sustainability.
- To lead the charge within Jersey’s financial services industry to #buildbackbetter from the Covid pandemic.
- To support Jersey Finance's ambition to build a centre of excellence for sustainable finance.
For more information, please visit www.kitconsulting.je/buildbackbetter
Airtel-Vodafone – helping keeping staff, customers, and premises safe from Covid 19 with temperature checking technology.
Developed in the UK, with proven use in multiple countries and industry sectors including the NHS and Transport for London, Temp.cam is a highly effective, automatic temperature monitoring solution which can prevent the spread of Covid-19 by identifying high temperatures of staff, clients and suppliers entering a building – a key Covid 19 symptom.
The solution is a valuable business continuity measure against Covid-19 and is available from
Airtel-Vodafone – official Channel Island partners of Temp.cam. It includes the following key feature and benefits:
• Temperature monitoring for individuals
• Quick & contactless scan of up to 12 people per minute
• Easy to use with large display
• Linked to access control
• Built in infrared temperature sensor and camera
• Audio alert to inform users if a high temperature is detected
• High Accuracy +/ - 0.3 °C
• High temperature alerts sent by email
• Real time remote monitoring via online dashboard
Visit the Airtel-Vodafone Castle Street store to see the solution in action.
For more information or a demonstration contact [email protected]
Plans are well underway for the Citizens’ Assembly on Climate Change that will run over a series of weekends and evenings from March through to May 2021. The States Greffe are currently seeking an independent person for the voluntary role of Chair Convener who will work with the Citizens’ Assembly participants, facilitators and other independent experts.
The Assembly will run in order to:
* hear the thoughts and experiences of participants and liaise with the independent experts as they plan the content for future meetings
* offer advice to the lead facilitators on guiding meetings of the assembly
* talk publicly about the experience of the Citizens’ Assembly, particularly in its formative stages
This role provides the chance to get involved with a really exciting project that will play a crucial role in informing the Island’s response to Climate Change. The role doesn’t require any prior knowledge of climate change.
Further details on the role and how to apply are available from -https://www.gov.je/Working/JobCareerAdvice/Pages/JobDetails.aspx?JobID=82899&JobTypeID=
Jersey Finance is delighted to extend its Membership programme to Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) based in Jersey.
With increased regulation and governance of international finance centres, the broad expertise that NEDs can bring in relation to the core principles of governance, as well as their professional experience, can play a vital role in the future success of our industry. Find out more https://www.jerseyfinance.je/membership
The States of Jersey is seeking to appoint a Chair for the Jersey Police Complaints Authority (JPCA).
The JPCA is an independent body, established by the Police (Complaints and Discipline) (Jersey) Law 1999 (“the Law”), and consisting of Chairperson, six members and an Administrator, responsible for overseeing, monitoring and supervising the investigations of complaints against members of the States of Jersey Police and Honorary Police. The JPCA office is open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
For more information, please click on the link or, if you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Howard Cooper on 877555.
GR8 Employment Solutions Limited has been supporting the blue collar sector with their recruitment and training needs with local, European and global talent solutions for over two years and has become their sector leader in Jersey.
With the 2021 fast approaching and the implementation of Jersey’s Future Border & Immigration System only weeks away GR8 Work Permit Solutions Limited will offer a provision of a web based portal and CRM system that acts as a starting point for employers who have identified a employee for a role from outside the CTA to work in the Channel Islands to lead them through the process for 9 month and 3 year skilled work permits which will be a requirement apply for a work visa.
Managing Director Lee Madden said “ Our system allows business to outsource the often complex and time consuming process of harvesting the required information required for a work permit and presenting it in a format acceptable Jersey Customs & Immigration Service, enabling the final stages of on-boarding for staff who are to be employed from outside the CTA to be completed in a timely manner. Business leaders need to now, more than ever plan ahead for their recruitment needs to ensure that the required resource in place at the desired time, we always provide the right solution at the right time and can support you in your recruitment process into 2021 and beyond”
Should you like more information mail [email protected] or call 01534 488788.
Tim Rogers, Consultant Mentor Coach at Adapt Consulting Company is looking to provide free coaching to candidates or organisations (as part of ICF qualification).
I am experienced coach, mentor, consultant and trainer (see LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/timhjrogers/ ).
I am approaching the mid-point in my ICF [International Coaching Federation] Course. To qualify as an ICF Associate Certified Coach I need a minimum of 100 hours (70 paid*) of coaching experience with at least eight clients. At least 25 of these hours must occur within the 24 months (and ideally by working together much sooner than that: possibly over the next 3 months). The coaching is supervised and mentored by ICF which offers assurance over the approach, quality and confidentiality.
I have included some example feedback below: The key point is that I am flexible to the needs of the client.
1. Consulting and Project management (I will do the task for you)
2. Teaching (I provide the tools, templates, training to do the tasks)
3. Mentoring (You own the task and have the knowledge. I support with my experience and observation)
4. Coaching (You are the expert. I support reflection and thought for you to develop your own ideas and path)
 Tim Rogers (Adapt Consulting) is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable business partner. He is able to distil complex matters into simple tasks. He is practical with advice and responsive to business needs with a clear focus on helping achieve the businesses objectives.
 Tim is one of those people who sees the bigger picture and works on achieving his vision. He is also very good at including and motivating others.
 I have no hesitation in recommending Tim. He has a great deal of experience and knowledge. Tim always gives 100% and brings a great deal of enthusiasm to every challenge.
 Tim’s passion and commitment has helped drive through a number of process improvements. He regularly seeks to challenge the norm, is innovative in his thinking and actively seeks to help others identify solutions to issues and problems across all business functions. Tim is a pleasure to work with and someone I trust to deliver.
of said information. https://www.adaptconsultingcompany.com/coaching